Director of Analytics + Business Development
Daniller + Company is a nationally-renowned, award-winning, Austin-based consulting firm that specializes in building membership and annual giving programs for non-profit organizations nationwide. Our services include assessments and plans, program surveys, and direct response marketing for more than 50 clients annually across the US. We are a deliberately small consulting firm that provides outstanding services with a collaborative and supportive work environment.
The Director of Analytics + Business Development primary responsibilities are driving key areas of the business: campaign reporting and analytics, consulting membership assessments and plans, and business development to include proposal writing. The role is an excellent opportunity for a detailed, analytics-minded person to play a leading role, develop professionally, and support high-profile non-profit organizations, including numerous museums. See our website, daniller.com for additional information on current clients.
The Director will work directly with the President, Vice President, and other senior staff and will be supported by staff who assist with campaign reporting. This position is located in Austin, Texas—ranked in 2019 as the best place to live in the U.S. by U.S. News.
- Direct and manage all client campaign reporting and analytics:
- Ensure data is received in a timely and accurate way from clients; work with clients to troubleshoot data quality issues
- Review campaign financial reports for accuracy
- Ensure timely reporting to clients on campaigns
- Perform custom analytics on campaign results on an ad-hoc basis
- Develop and present annual campaign summary reports and presentations for key clients using PowerPoint
- Manage improvements as needed to Salesforce and Excel reporting systems
- Audience strategies and list management:
- Work with Vice President to develop list histories for acquisition campaigns
- Consulting membership assessments and plans:
- Undertake all data assessment and resulting analysis for consulting projects for clients
- Collaborate with other Daniller team members on creating a final assessment and plan as required
- Client strategies and proposals, to include new business development:
- Work with senior team to develop and track client prospect pipeline and drive the process
- Work with senior team to develop proposal direction and strategy
- Gather data and information from the prospect/client for the proposals
- Write consulting and direct response campaign proposals and assist with sales process
- Collaborate with senior staff on business and client management:
- Brainstorm client campaign strategies
- Assist as needed with client management
- Occasional travel to meet with and present to clients
- Excellent Excel and Pivot Table skills, with experience in modeling, projections, reporting, and custom analytics
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, teamwork driven environment
- Highly proficient knowledge of PowerPoint and Microsoft Word
- Worked in a direct response agency or a non-profit organization in development/membership
- Innovative and enthusiastic personality, sees the opportunity for growth and change, and is willing to stretch to make things happen – with colleagues who are smart, team driven, client centered, and fun
- Bachelor’s degree with a business or analytics orientation
- MBA or other quantitative masters degree
- Experience working in Salesforce or equivalent
- Experience working with digital fundraising strategies
This position requires working in our Austin, Texas office (it is not a telecommuting position). Salary based on experience and credentials. Benefits include 401K plan, paid vacation and sick leave, and numerous public holidays.
Please email a cover letter stating your interest in the position and why you think you are a match, along with your resume and salary requirements to:
Martha Ernst, Vice President
Daniller + Company is an equal opportunity employer.
Daniller + Company, 3724 Jefferson, Suite 302, Austin, Texas 78731